Personal Experiences: The Most Annoying Moment I Have Ever Faced, Being A Petite



Sometimes being a petite can be very annoying especially with the way people even address you. Someone can go like, 'are you old enough'?, you are too short for this or that or "you are so cute I can bag you". All these height shaming and reactions from people can sometimes make you hate yourself and even God for not giving you height.


I have been made fun of most times either from friends, family or even strangers, but there is this particular one that I consider the most annoying of all and I can never forget.

It was somewhere 2015 when I was attending a program at Bedouin Lounge inside Lizzy Sports Complex, with other colleagues. But because I did not get the ticket on time they had to enter the premises before me. So I got to the venue, waited for my ticket and few hours they brought it to me.

I got to the gate, showed my ticket to the bouncer, and instead of him allowing me to enter he went like "you are under age" (I am actually laughing as I type this). I was like "WTH man". So I said no I am not under age, are you kidding me right now? Then he asked for an ID which I didn't have, so he refused to let me enter.

I was completely surprised and baffled, I just stood there laughing. Like WHAT!! So i was like "ahh but I have a ticket?", and he still said but I am under aged. The annoying thing is, it was not as if  the show was rated 18+ or it was anything explicit. It was a show where musicians will be performing onstage and all that, so I thought it was so ridiculous for this guy to be considering age.

I had attended even much more bigger events than that and I never faced such nonsense. So I actually started getting angry. What even annoyed me most was that, all those 18/20 SHS boys and girls were entering just because they are tall and look old. Like seriously, this world is so not fair.

So I told him I am there for work purposes and my colleagues are already there but he still hesitated to let me in. So I called one of the guys and told him and after laughing, asked another colleague to come take me in. So whiles I was still trying to ask and understand why I cant enter another bouncer came and asked what was going on so I told him.

He was making an attempt to let me enter but the other was still asking for my an ID to prove i am not "under aged". So the other told me to just show him one but I told him I didn't have. As I was talking to the other, I saw one of our production guys coming out. There, the guy asked why I was not in yet because since they gave me the ticket they've been standing right at the entrance to take me to where they settled because the place was crowded and I might not find them. So I told him the reason.

This was one guy who was a little temperamental so he instantly got angry at the situation and almost went off. Then I rather had to calm him lol. So the guy asked me to wait for him whiles he goes get a camera from the car they came with, then he will enter with me. So we got the cam, came back and the other bouncer allowed us enter.

When we got in, the other guy I called had already told our other colleagues about the incident and they couldn't help but laugh at me. Well I also laughed at the situation because it was ridiculously funny. But after some minutes of venting, I threw it all behind me and enjoyed the show. I actually had fun and to think that bouncer almost ruined my night.

So that is the story of my life for being considered "under age" at an event I was supposed to attend as a reporter, just because I am petite.

What are some of  your annoying or ridiculous moments, as a petite or even because of any of your physical features?  Do share with me.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This Twitter User's Story Of How A Que Hit It And Knocked Her Uterus Behind Her Rib Cage Is Funny As Hell; But I didn't Even Know That Could Happen

Think Thick Women Can't Slay? Take A Look At How These Beautiful Plus Size Ladies Are Killing It

Short Stories: Love At First S**x (Part 2)