Dear Christians And Muslims; Why Cant We All Just Get Along?



Hi lovely people, trust you are all doing good.

Since the days of Adam, there has been some sort of bad blood between Christians and Muslims and all because of each other’s religious faith. But why does it have to be like that? I have been thinking about it lately and asking myself a lot of questions.

Christians believe there is God, heaven and earth and judgment after death and so do Muslims. It has even been confirmed that the Bible and the Quran have almost (if not exactly) the same teachings. So it means we are all entitled to obeying the same commandments set by this same God we are all worshipping, right? The only difference is, both religions believe in different prophets ( Jesus Christ and Prophet Mohammed (SAW) ), and we all pray to this same God in different ways? And so is that why we all can't get along?

Even though in recent times, pastors and Imams have come together on various occasions just to send the message that we can have different beliefs and still bond as one, it seems that message doesn't seem to do much. I am sure we have all come across people from both religions, or probably been involved in arguments with someone from the opposite religion, trying to point out whose religion is the truth and whose is not (I witnessed one just a few days ago. I was annoying as hell).

But do we even know which religion is right? WHAT IF WE ARE ALL DOING IT WRONG? We all don’t know but at least we all believe in the same things (God, heaven and earth, judgment after death) so shouldn’t that be enough reason to get along and worship God in peace?

Shouldn't we all rather just do what we believe in and worship God (the one you believe is the maker of heaven and earth and the one who created you) in truth and in spirit, in the way you believe in your heart and do what the Bible or Quran teaches you to do so that we can all worship God in peace?

But no! Because we are humans, we are naturally obsessed with comparisons and pointing out the wrong in everything, so we would rather try to prove the other wrong than focus on what's important.

I have seen all sort of discriminations based on religion and they were not even necessary or made sense (we have all either done it to someone or been victims). I have seen some parents go to the extent of warning their kids not to befriend someone from the other religion (and some of these parents are people with high positions in the church or mosque). But is that what the Bible or Quran is teaching us to do? Is that what our followers did?

My background consists of these two religions (my dad is a Christian and mom is a Muslim) so I practically live between these two worlds and have witnessed this kind of thing severally so I know what I am talking about. And it always makes me uncomfortable anytime I hear the other side condemning the other.

I strongly believe that a Muslim can die and go to heaven and so can a Christian. And a Christian can die and go to hell, and so can a Muslim.So at the end of the day, all the arguments and judgements and discriminations become unnecessary and a waste of energy and time.

There was this time I went out with my friends and they introduced me to another friend who had a Muslim name. So a friend and I asked him if he was a Muslim and he said he does not define what he believes in because "religion is just a fiction". He just worships God in the way he believes in his heart. And my friend and I always make reference to him anytime we speak about religion because we think he is right.

Religion is just a fiction and a barrier which divides us. Sometimes I say it is even a force that is fighting against humanity, but only because we have made it so. Does the fact that we do not have the same religious beliefs prevent us from getting along? Or what exactly is the reason we all can't /don't get along?

If I want to vent out everything in my head on this issue I won't finish today so let me just 'drop the mic' here and let's talk in the comment box. I am just glad that this generation is gradually opening its eyes to such things and fighting against this sort of religious division, so maybe someday we will all get along nicely.

What are your thoughts on this issue? Kindly share with me (maybe you might shed more light on something I am missing). 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Twitter User's Story Of How A Que Hit It And Knocked Her Uterus Behind Her Rib Cage Is Funny As Hell; But I didn't Even Know That Could Happen

Think Thick Women Can't Slay? Take A Look At How These Beautiful Plus Size Ladies Are Killing It

Cleavage Showing In The Name Of Fashion: How Much Is Just Too Much?