To Slide Or Not To Slide Into His DM....



Hi awesome people, hope you are all doing good, and the week is treating you well. No? Hang in there weekend will be here soon.

How many of you have ever seen a guy on social media and think like damn, he has a great personality and you would like to get to know him more but when it comes to sliding into his DM to say hi, you begin to have second thoughts? I bet most of you have been there before or a few times.

As for guys, we know it is easy to just hit into a lady's DM, though sometimes you claim you don't because you get scared of being bounced with a 'no'. But most often than not, you do it. But for us ladies, it is not so easy, especially in our part of the world (Africa).

But I saw a post on  Facebook a few weeks ago of this beautiful engaged couple, who actually started it off through the DM, and from the post, which was posted by the guy, it was the girl who got into his DM first, and they took it from there--And they are probably married by now.

The post has since got me thinking, maybe I can have a chance at this too. So I have been wondering, if I find a guy I like on social media, whether or not I should slide into his DM. I mean who knows, maybe I will get lucky too (please allow me to dream and have positive thoughts lol).

But then again I think, how do I do this? In our part of the world, it is not supposed to work like that. I sometimes give it some thought and think of how I will start off the conversation, without making it weird but I come up with nothing but a bunch of embarrassing lines.

So sometimes I just talk myself out of it like 'besides, if I slide in there what am I even going to say? Ask him if he is single, ask to take him on a date, leave my number and ask him to call me? I mean what exactly is going to be the conversation though? Or what if I do slide in there and the worst happens - I find out he is dating or maybe he is not interested? Now how awkwardly embarrassing will that be? I would want to vanish from social media - which I cant.

But also me: 'what if it can be my chance at love? What if it works out? What if maybe he also wants to say something but feels like you might reject him that is why he is not coming forward? Haven't you heard of go after what you want? Some ladies are doing it and winning.... the nonsense self encouragement could goes on and on'.

But my sensible 'African mind' also tells me, 'Kris, don't do this, we are in Ghana and that post your saw, they are in California, we think different'. So I end up taking that advice from my 'in my right mind' self and abort the thought.

You all remember how Nigerian musician, Banky W and his wife, Adesua also started it all from the DM, and their story trended for days, and got us all motivated to give DM messages a reading eye? So sometimes I think, 'oh well maybe he will rather slide into mine and we will have a DM story too' but it is rather unfortunate that most times, the kind of guys who slide into our DM's are mostly the perverted ones.

Those who like us for real don't even like to get into the DM because they probably assume they will be considered as one of those dudes. But dear crush, please feel free and slide in there, for I know the intentions you have for me. Lol.

Who else can relate? Come on I cannot be the only one with these thoughts? Let me see you so maybe we can form a group and see how we can advice ourselves on how to go about it - or give up lol.

But who has ever tried getting into a guys DM? Did it work out? How did it go? What did you do or say? Kindly share your experience with a sister (and those other sisters reading from the sidelines).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Twitter User's Story Of How A Que Hit It And Knocked Her Uterus Behind Her Rib Cage Is Funny As Hell; But I didn't Even Know That Could Happen

Think Thick Women Can't Slay? Take A Look At How These Beautiful Plus Size Ladies Are Killing It

Short Stories: Love At First S**x (Part 2)